I think I found a bug in cmtrace

At work today I was looking through a log file generated by PSADT and noticed something weird.

Compare the selected line in blue and the box below. Can you see it?

(cmtrace version 5.0.9068.1000, I believe this is the current up to date version)

Hint: The folder in ccmcache for the content is named "n". 



Now, compare this to an older version of cmtrace where we see the same log file
(cmtrace version 5.0.7804.1000, some years old)


In case it's not clear:
(new/current cmtrace. where is the n folder?



For some reason, "\n" is getting removed from the box below in the new version of cmtrace. 
My guess why this is happening: \n can be interpretet as a newline character. I believe this is happening, and in addition it strips away newlines. So "\n" just vanishes.
The older version does not have this issue.


That's all for now, have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden settings in the Raspberry Pi Imager

Getting the Miyoo Mini Plus battery into Home Assistant

Getting Company Portal apps locally using PowerShell (no auth!)